Sunday, June 24, 2007

Disadvantage, Ms. Henin

It's Wimbledon time! In order to make this a more pleasant read, I will try to be more concise. My expert analysis of each quarter may be superfluous. But I will give myself snaps for doing the best ever in my French Open pics. I was all over Ana Ivanovic in the finals! She had me pumped when she broke in the opening game... we all know what happened then. I digress.

Ok, so of note, Federer is looking to win his 5th straight Wimbledon and he will. Justine is looking to win her first and she won't. And Serena has already thrown down the gauntlet!

Wimbledon Predictions 2007, baby!
Round of 16: Federer over Haas; Blake over some surprise; Roddick over Ljubicic; Andy Murray over Benjamin Becker; Bagh over Davydenko; Hewitt over Djokovic; Bjorkman over Berdych; Nadal over Youzhny. Poor poor Marat :-(
Quarters: Fed over Blake, ANDY MURRAY OR ANDY RODDICK! I am picking Murray. Hewitt over Bagh, Nadal over Bjorkman.
Semis: Fed over Murray, Hewitt over Nadal
Final: Fed over Hewitt. How did Hewitt get here?

LADIES
Round of 16: Henin over Schnyder; Serena over Hantuchova; Jankovic over Peer; Hingis over Chakvetadze; Ivanovic over Petrova; Mauresmo over Vaidisova; Golovin over Kutzy; Maria over Venus? What a match!
Quarters: Serena over Justine. YES! Jankovic over Hingis; Mauresmo over Ivanovic; Maria over Golovin
Semis: Serena over Jelena; Maria over Maurez
Final: Serena over Maria. Poor Maria

And Venus and Serena are playing doubles. This is awesome!


*******
Addendum: Andy Murray has withdrawn. Step up to the semifinals Mr. Roddick. But no further.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?