Monday, December 04, 2006

No So Notorious

Anyone reading this blog can easily tell that The Kettle likes his TV. Not the actual applicance itself, but the group of shows on TV that he never misses (or, being the totally old school non-TiVo guy he is, sets his VCR for if he's out). I'm slightly different. I don't really have a must-see show that I'll rush home to see, set my VCR for (don't own one, and never got TiVo) or not answer the phone while watching. That said, I'm a sucker for an episode of Law and Order (the original or SVU; Criminal Intent, not so much) and the Bravo reality-ish shows of Project Runway and Top Chef. I can also easily get stuck watching Little People Big World as well. The last show I tried to watch on the night it was actually on was Arrested Development. My watching lasted one season and the show not much more than that (despite The Kettle's petitions and letter writing campaign to keep it on the air).

With all that said, I get to the point of this post. A week or so ago, I ended up watching 3 or 4 re-run episodes of the show So Notorious, the VH1 faux reality show based on Tori Spelling's over-the-top life. It was very funny and a great watch. I even saw that the first season is now out on DVD. I was excited! A show for me to watch! I even wondered when the second season was starting!

Well, its not. I saw in this morning's USA Today that the show has been cancelled.

Yes, Cancelled. Why? Who knows. Maybe it was the ratings? Maybe the network needed to make room for additional seasons of Flavor of Love, Hogan Knows Best or Breaking Bonaduce? Maybe the gays didn't like it as much as I thought?

Well, unless Bravo steps in to save it, it looks like we'll have to savor the few episodes that were made and wait for Tori to finish her book. In it she plans to dish about her plastic surgery, her big partying days, her romantic relationships, her finances and her family. Hopefully the So Notorious writers will be ghostwriting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?