Thursday, June 01, 2006

Honey, that shirt is heaven on you

In an obvious and meager attempt to distract people from my embarrassing last post - where I staunchly predicted Nadia Petrovs would win the French Open, only to see her lose in the first round in straight sets - I thought I could shamelessly change the subject. Seeing how I will now be upset with Nadia and tennis at least through Wimbledon, I need to cheer myself up. How so? With a nice shot of Karen Walker! The Will and Grace finale came and went with nary a whisper here at Pot 'N Kettle. Given the final episode, it didnt even warrant half a whisper. Except for one line, and I am sure you all know which line that is. A line that catapulted possibly into the top five Karen Walker quotes of all time. I defend that comment by simply stating that no one really expects such hilarious lines from W&G anymore. At least I don't. So this line was only better due to sheer surprise and a hollaback to the perverted genius of yester year.
Line?
Karen: Lay on your back, point your heels to Jesus, and think of handbags.

Good stuff, as well as this paragraph from the recent Onion article, "Series Finale Of Will & Grace Ends Eight-Year Truce Between Gay, Straight Communities"


"Will & Grace opened up the lines of pithy, innuendo-laden dialogue between gay and straight America," said Tom Harris, a freelance writer for The Advocate. "But since it ended, straight men have been far less apt to engage in tartly witty, rapid-fire exchanges with me, and are far more likely just to call me 'faggot.'"
Ok, I feel a little better. Thanks Nads.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?